According to Punch Metro, the inhabitants of Egbeda village near Osogbo have been thrown into mourning following the electrocution of two members of a Celestial Church of Christ in the village.
It was learnt that the incident happened on Sunday while a service was ongoing in the church.
A source explained that four people were affected, adding that while two died, two survived.
It was learnt that the deceased, Yinka Adeniyi and Busayo Akande, were holding microphones when they were electrocuted.
Punch Metro, during a visit to the Osun State General Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo, on Monday, learnt that the remains of the victims had been deposited in the hospital morgue.
A member of the church, who preferred not to be named, said those that were injured were being treated in an undisclosed health facility in Osogbo.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Folasade Odoro, confirmed that the victims died from electrocution.
She urged residents to always adhere to safety measures while using electrical appliances, adding that “detectives from our command are also working to unravel other things that may not be immediately evident but may be connected to the incident.”
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.